Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Difficulties

Friends, please tell me what I can
do about this mud world
I keep spinning out of myself!

I gave up expensive clothes,
and bought a robe,
But I noticed one day that the cloth
was well-woven.

So I bought some burlap, but I still
Throw it elegantly over my left shoulder.

I stopped being a sexual elephant,
And now I discover that I'm
angry a lot.

I finally gave up anger,
and now I notice
I am greedy all day.

I worked hard at dissolving greed,
and now I am proud of myself.

When the mind wants to break it's link
with the world
It still holds on to one thing.

Kabir says: Listen, my friend,
There are very few that find the path!

------Kabir

Quoted form a Book, edited by Robert Bly: "The Soul is here for it's own joy. Sacred poems from many cultures." The Ecco Press, Hopewell, N.J. 1995. ISBN 0-88001-355-9

No comments:

Post a Comment